Thursday, November 27, 2025

Writing Native Characters: Some Helpful Resources

Since November is Native American Heritage Month, I thought this would be a good time to share some resources for authors looking to write Native American characters and stories. Of course, I have no authority on the topic so I won't try to say what you can and can't do, but here are some articles and videos I found that I thought may be a good place to start. Happy Writing!

Articles 

American Indians Without Tribes

Writing POC 101 : Native American Characters

Mistakes to Avoid When Writing Native American Characters

I'm Writing a Native American Character. Now What?

Indian Lands of Federally Recognized Tribes of the US

Native American Tribes by Region

Native American Etiquette

Native American Culture / Beliefs

Native American Cultures


Videos

Writing Native American Stories in Film & TV

Writing Authentic Characters

Writing Native American Characters in Fiction Authentically

Indigenous People Review Native American Characters in Film & TV

What Do Native Cultures Have in Common?

Navajo Traditional Teachings

Exploring Indigenous Culture, Traditions, and Spiritual Beliefs: The North American Indian Tribes


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Queer Book Hall Of Fame

Full disclosure, I meant to post this during Pride Month and just completely forgot about it, so that's my bad! But here it is now! Thes...